St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999 St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
Tri Deltas at the University of Tennessee hold this partnership very close to our hearts. In 2021-2022, the Delta Sigma chapter raised $114,227.09 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. This is more than all of the sororities at the University of Tennessee raised for their philanthropies COMBINED! We also rank in the top five Tri Delta fundraising chapters in the nation!
We are very proud of our accomplishments for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and we look forward to continuing to grow in our relationship with them.
Vivian's Story: Two weeks before my 13th birthday, my life came to a screeching halt when I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, a form of childhood bone cancer. I thought of the million things that I would miss out on like cheering at my middle school's pep rallies, high school graduation, prom, and choosing a college, but when I was being treated at St. Jude I was constantly surrounded by the encouragement and support of Tri Delta. As a 13 year old girl battling cancer, seeing driven college women care so much about this cause meant the world to me. Tri Delta's gave me hope that one day I would go to college and give back to the hospital that saved my life. My life truly has come full circle because now I am able to give hope to children battling cancer as a Tri Delta, just like they did for me. https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=14062&pID=21790